Does this sound like you?
- You’ve heard about baby sign language but don’t have a clue where to start.
- You have questions… Is my baby too young to start? Too old? How do I pick signs to start with and learn how to do them?
- You think about buying a book or ordering some DVDs, but don’t even know where to start – or if you’ll have even time to read/watch them!
- Or maybe you’re a teacher or librarian, looking to incorporate some basic ASL into your lesson plans and story times.
I’m here to help!
Free Baby Sign Language Chart
I was in your shoes not long ago…
When I was a new mom, I was really curious about baby signing, but didn’t know where to start. I got a book from the library and decided to give it a go. It ended up working out, but only through trial & error…and persistence!
Despite the bumpy start, I ended up falling in love with signing & early communication. I loved the way my daughter and I were able to communicate and bond throughout the day as she shared her thoughts & observations about the world around her. It was fascinating!
In time, I went on to study American Sign Language at The Learning Center for the Deaf and also train with experts in the field of signing with hearing babies & toddlers. I took these experiences, along with my background in child development, and created my award-winning Tiny Signs program.
Since 2009, I have helped thousands of parents & teachers use sign language to communicate with the little ones in their lives through my local and online programs.
If you’re a parent or early childhood professional, I’d love to help you bring sign language into your life and the lives of the little ones in your life.
Lane Rebelo, LCSW
Tiny Signs Founder
Lane is a licensed social worker and worked for many years with families in the Boston area. She holds a Master’s degree in Clinical Social Work from Boston College, and is an award-winning baby sign language instructor. Lane began studying American Sign Language in 2006 after having her first baby and was amazed by all she had to say. She lives with her husband and two daughters in MetroWest Boston.
8 more things about me..
- I spend a ridiculous amount of time driving my 2 girls around every day
- Originally from California, I’ve lived in Massachusetts for 20 years now
- My husband is the first person I met when I moved to MA
- I’m currently hooked on ‘This Is Us’ and cry almost every episode
- I’ve been a vegetarian since middle school
- I’m an introvert & a bookworm – I love a good book
- I have a savant level knowledge of 80’s pop culture trivia
- I love helping parents & teachers feel confident using sign language!